Our Day by Day Itinerary
Friday 27 September
Depart London Heathrow Airport on Thai Airways flight at 1230hrs, via Bangkok to Japan.
Saturday 28 September
After a brief change at Bangkok, onward to Tokyo, arriving 1545hrs, local. Met on arrival by our local guide and escorted via the train to city centre and hotel.
Sunday 29 September
Morning free. Afternoon train to Tokyo Stadium for AUSTRALIA vs WALES
Monday 30 September
This morning we have arranged a 4 hour tour of Tokyo by foot, with a visit to a sumo stable to watch the training session.
Tuesday 1 October
Leave Tokyo this morning on the bullet train (suggest: 0933/1211) to the ancient capital of Kyoto. This city is the cultural centre for Japan and offers a magnificent castle and numerous temple complexes.
This afternoon we have arranged a private walking tour with a local guide who will show you the major sights over a 4 hour period.
Wednesday 2 October
Free. Perhaps a day tour to Nikko?
(BONUS: Train cost covered in your rail pass)
Thursday 3 October
Friday 4 October
Return to Tokyo.)
Saturday 5 October
Morning free. Afternoon train journey to Tokyo Stadium for the ENGLAND vs ARGENTINA game, starting 1700hrs. After the game, train return to city.
Sunday 6 October
Depart Tokyo on the bullet train for Hiroshima. (Suggest: 1003/1434) On arrival check in to hotel. Afternoon visit to the Peace Park Memorial and Peace Museum.
Monday 7 October
Free to explore the delightful city of Hiroshima.
(BONUS: Included in your rail pass is the train (25 mins) and ferry (10 mins) to Miyajimaguchi and the magnificent Torii gate and overwater monastery and museums. Return to Hiroshima at any time.)
Tuesday 8 October
Leave Hiroshima this morning for the train journey to Oita. Stay Oita/Beppu.
Wednesday 9 October
Afternoon game - WALES vs FIJI at Oita Stadium.
Thursday 10 October
Depart this morning for the train trip to Osaka. (Suggest: 1045/1503) Afternoon/evening free to explore this vibrant city.
Friday 11 October
Today you will travel back to Yokohama or Tokyo.
Saturday 12 October
Morning free. ENGLAND vs FRANCE game at 1715hrs. Train back after the game to hotel or Tokyo.
Sunday 13 October
Free. Afternoon game JAPAN vs SCOTLAND.
Monday 14 October
Leave Yokohama (or Tokyo) and take the train to Uno, where you pick up a car and take the short ferry trip to Naoshima Island. This is a world renown artist community with over 20 galleries and museums.
Tuesday 15 October
Morning touring the galleries before taking the ferry ride over to Takamatsu.
Wednesday 16 October
From Takamatsu its an easy drive along the north coast of Kagawa/Tokushima to Imabari. View the castle and enjoy the evening street food stalls.
Thursday 17 October
This morning drive back to the mainland via 70 kms of spectacular suspension bridges, spanning the Seto Sea. On arrival Onomichi, drop off the car and take short train ride to Fukuoka.
Friday 18 October
Free. Fukuoka is a vibrant city of nearly 2 million people, with 12,000 restaurants!
Saturday 19 October
Take the local train (suggest: 0924/1136) to Yufuin and our hotel. This afternoon our bus will take you to the stadium. QF 1 is scheduled for 1615hrs. Return bus to Yufuin.
Sunday 20 October
Bus will take you to the stadium QF 3 is scheduled for 1615hrs. Return to Yufuin.
Monday 21 October
Check out of hotel and take train via Fukuoka to the airport. Depart on Thai Airways flight at 1820hrs via Bangkok to the UK.
Tuesday 22 October
Arrive London Heathrow at 0715hrs.
TOUR PRICE £7518.00 per person, INCLUDES
- Economy class flights on Thai Airways London to Tokyo/Fukuoka to London
- On arrival Tokyo, met and escorted to hotel. Our local guide will give you invaluable assistance into how to enjoy your holiday in Japan.
- 3 nights Tokyo at the Hokke Club Asakusa, room only, singles
- 3 nights Kyoto at the Cross Hotel, room only, twin share
- 2 nights Tokyo at the Hokke Club Asakusa, room only, singles.
- 2 nights Hiroshima at the Mitsui Garden Hotel, room only, singles
- 2 nights Oita at the Nishitetsu Inn, room only, singles (or other)
- 1 night Osaka at the Candeo Nama, room only, twin share
- 3 nights Tokyo at the Hokke Club Asakusa, room only, singles.
- 1 night Naoshima at the Hotel Wright Style, room only, twin share Japanese style.
- 1 night Takamatsu, Royal Park Hotel, room only, twin share
- 1 night Imabari at the Hotel Ajour Shionomaru, twin share
- 2 nights Fukuoka at the Nishitetsu Grand Hotel, room only, single
- 2 nights at the KosuMosu in a Japanese tatami room, with Japanese breakfast, twin share
- 4 hour private walking tour of Kyoto
- 90 minute tea ceremony at Kyoto
- 4 hour walking tour of Tokyo and sumo stable
- Rental, one way, of a small car for the drive part of the itinerary, such as Suzuki. Unlimited mileage and CDW.
- Coach transfers between Yufuin and Oita Stadium
- Cat D tickets to the 5 Pool games as stated
- Cat B tickets to QF 1 and QF 3
- 21 day JR Pass in economy.(upgrade to Green Class available at £170 extra.)
- SUICA card charged with ¥4000
- Hire of a pocket router allowing unlimited access to wifi for up to 10 appliances.
- Services of WORLDRUGBYTRAVEL staff in Japan.
BREAKFAST - You will note that apart from when staying in a ryokan, we do not include breakfast. Experience of tours to Japan has shown most of our passengers find a typical Japanese breakfast (soup, cold smoked fish, fish roe, cold omelette, porridge, etc) not to their liking. Instead we find numerous cafes near to our hotels offering more European style of cuisine, at affordable prices.
HOW TO BOOK
Its simple. All our prices are per person in the room type, hotel etc, of your choice from the drop down menus.
Select the hotel/room type/ticket category and ADD TO CART
Now you increase the number of guests per room (so if booking a double you need to increase the QUANTITY to 2, a twin the same, but a single is just 1 person). Automatically the value of the cart increases.
If booking more than one room, simply click CONTINUE SHOPPING in the CART, return to your chosen trip and repeat the process. Do this for each room type. This also allows you to buy different styles of room depending on your needs.
Time to pay. You can choose 2 schemes. If buying outside the 12 weeks cut off you click the INSTALLMENTS button in the middle. This takes you to the secure payment pages of Partial.ly. If paying in full (ie: within 12 weeks of departure) click the FULL PAYMENT button. This takes you to the PayPal secure server.
We accept all credit and debit cards.
Our payment process is simple and flexible. You have 4 payment options when you reach the CART.
FULL PAYMENT - choose this if you are booking within 12 weeks of departure OR if you wish to pay for the items in full now. This is via the Partial.ly payment schemes secure site.
INSTALLMENTS - here there are 2 schemes. For Rugby in Japan you will automatically pay 55% up to 15 April, 10% on 15 May, 15% on 15 June and the balance by 15 July. All other tours will be 25% deposit and the balance of 75% 12 weeks prior.
BANK TRANSFER - if you wish to pay by bank deposit, let us know and we will provide account details.
INTERIM PAYMENTS - of course you can also pay in stages. Just call or email us.
None of these payment scheme attract additional fees.